Lessons (Begin June 24 2019)
- REGISTER BY JUNE 15.
- Children who are 5 BY THE START OF THE SEASON (June 2019) may participate in tennis lessons. Weather permitting, lessons will be held for six weeks on Monday/Wednesday/Friday afternoons. Lessons begin June 24. Summer 2019
- Each child participating must bring a new, unopened can of Regular Duty tennis balls to the first day if you did not prepay $5 per player. Please write your child's name on the an of tennis balls.
- Children need to bring their own racket and wear tennis shoes.
- It is recommended that the junior players go to the lessons with same aged peers.
- The approval of the head pro is needed for a child to attend an older age group’s lesson to ensure the player has the tennis playing ability to participate in that group.
Lesson Sessions & Schedule (Lessons are held on Monday, Wednesday, Friday)
Junior Tennis Team
Pre-Season tennis team practice will take place on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday June 17-19 from 1-3pm. First match June 20
Pay for Tennis Team
- REGISTER BY JUNE 15
- Players ages 10+ who are interested in a fun competitive atmosphere may sign up for tennis team. We do not have a "JV" team at Minnechaug.
- Tennis team will be an additional cost to each player ($10 for the season, $25 for a family cap).
- Email email@example.com to provide your contact information as well as your child's name for communicating for matches.
- Our coaching staff will clearly communicate with parents/athletes.
- Practice takes place on Tuesday/Thursday afternoons unless there is a scheduled match.
- Tennis team practice is from 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Matches start promptly at 1:00pm and usually end by 3:30pm. Plan to arrive no later than 12:50pm.
League Schedule - Summer 2019
League Rules & Regulations
- The team listed with the asterisk on the schedule is the HOME team for the varsity.
- The matches will be approximately from 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the dates provided.
- The teams hosting the match will provide 6 cans of new balls.
- The matches will consist of 6 singles matches and 3 doubles matches. The top 6 players will play an eight-game pro set of singles (no-ad). At 7-all, play a 12 point tiebreaker. Players 7 through 12 will play doubles also an eight-game pro set (no-ad).
- JV players will play at opposite locations on the same day and time. These players can play both singles and doubles—one set with tie-breaker at 5-All (Recommended). No-ad scoring.
- For cancellation of a match, please let the opposing pro know by 11:00 a.m.
- If bad weather, the pros will discuss it in the morning and try to reschedule a match on a Monday or Wednesday during July, or during the match make-up day the week of Championships.
- REMINDER: Players will be eligible for play and champs if they turn 18 before August 1st. This is to give high school students a final summer of play before college. Paid workers/assistants MAY play in the league, so long as their paid work is NOT with the players of the varsity team that they are playing on. In other words, a player may NOT be paid to coach varsity players and play on that same team. Absolutely no repeating players during Varsity matches.
- Singles players must play singles, doubles players must play doubles. 1 match per player.
- Ghost matches of any kind are encouraged to get players as much experience as possible.
- JV Matches do not follow the same list of match rules. Coaches choice for all JV matches including match set-up and length.
Interclub Tournament to be tentatively held on Friday, July 26th, 2017 @ Location TBD.
Rain date is Monday, July 29th
Directions to Away Matches
Mill Pond 20 Browning Ave Newington, CT 06111
NEIPSIC TENNIS CLUB- 54 Line Street Glastonbury, CT 06033 . From Minnechaug, take a right onto Manchester Road, remain on Manchester Road, Line Street is just over the line of Glastonbury/Manchester.
GLENBROOKE: From Main Street in Glastonbury or from ( Rte 2 take Griswold St – left off exit) to Prospect and turn left. Prospect becomes Forbes St.at the East Hartford line. Take a right turn on to Hills St.(stop sign opposite an elementary school) Go about 2 miles and turn left on to Oak St. The club is on the left about a mile down the road (just past the Temple). 429 Oak St., East Hartford.
PINE ACRES: From the Putnam Bridge, take Rte. 3 S to Silas Deane Highway and turn right. **Take Silas Deane to the next light and turn left onto Welles Rd. At 4-way stop and blinking light, turn right onto Ridge Rd. Take Ridge Rd. to Crest Street and turn right. Club is at the bottom of Crest Street. **From Rte 84 Take 91 South and take exit 25 Rte 3 toward Wethersfield and follow to Silas Deane. Crest St., Wethersfield.
ORCHARD HILL: From Rte. 17 S (Glas.) toward S. Glas. Take Overlook (or Chestnut Hill to Coleman and left on Overlook). Pool is on Overlook just past Coleman on the left. Overlook Rd., Glas.
SOUTH WINDSOR: From Rte. 84 East take exit 63 (Rtes. 30 & 83). Bear right at light. At the 2nd light, turn right onto Avery St. Continue approx.. 2.5 miles through 4 stop signs. At the 4th stop sign, turn left onto Dart Hill Rd. Take Dart Hill to first stop and turn right onto Niederwefer Rd. At next stop sign turn right onto Ellington Rd. The club is on the right a few hundred yards down the street. 2965 Ellington Rd., S. Windsor
WOODLEDGE: Rte. 2 to exit 7 follow to Rte. 17; continue straight through 3 traffic lights. At 3rd light turn left onto Hopewell Rd. Continue straight through 2 stop signs. Look for marker 1005 on the left. 1005 Hopewell Rd., South Glas.
GLASTONBURY PARKS AND REC: Glastonbury High School Tennis Courts on Hubbard Street.
PINEBROOK: Rte. 2 to exit 10 from Hartford. At the end of the ramp turn left on to Manchester Rd. Take a right on to Forest Lane. Look for marker #252 on the right. 252 Forest Lane